H.E. Mubarak Rashed Al Mansoori
Holds a Bachelor degree in Finance and an MBA.
He has been appointed the Governor of Central Bank of the UAE as of September 2014. He has also been the Chief Executive Officer of Emirates Investment Authority since May 2008.
He started his career at ADIA from 1991 – 2000 in the Equities Department, then he served as the Director General of Abu Dhabi Retirement Pensions & Benefits Fund since its establishment back in 2000 and until 2008. He also held directorship in a number of organizations including The Central Bank of United Arab Emirates, Securities & Commodities Authority of UAE (SCA), Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX), Etisalat Group in the UAE, Etisalat Misr in Egypt, Mobily in Saudi Arabia, The Arab International Bank (AIB) in Egypt, Arab Banking Corporation (ABC) in Bahrain, Egypt and Jordan, Banco Atlantico in Spain, Tabreed and Abu Dhabi Holding Company.
H.E. Dr. Abdulrahman Bin Abdullah Al Hamidy
Khalid Hamad Abdul-Rahman Hamad
Zahid ur Rehman Khokher
Mr. Zahid Ur Rehman Khokher was appointed as the Acting Secretary-General of the Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) effective 15 April 2017 by the Council of the IFSB in its 30th meeting on 6 April 2017, upon the retirement of Mr. Jaseem Ahmed.
Mr. Zahid Ur Rehman has been working with the Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) since January 2008 and has more than 19 years of regulatory and standard-setting experience in the financial sector. He supervises the standard-setting and research programmes of the IFSB, including the annual flagship Islamic Financial Services Industry Stability Report. He also oversees the prudential database project on Islamic financial indicators. Apart from leading the implementation of Integrated Result Based Management Framework for the organisation, his role involves fostering relationships with the IFSB members, Multilateral Development Banks and other international organisations.
Before assuming the position of Assistant Secretary-General in June 2013, his experience with the IFSB includes working as senior project manager and team lead for preparing new standards and guiding principles for Islamic finance, while adopting global regulatory reforms on liquidity, capital adequacy and supervision. He was also closely involved in assisting the member countries in the implementation of IFSB standards.
He has also worked as Joint Director in the Islamic Banking Department, State Bank of Pakistan, where he was involved in assignments related to the introduction and enhancement of prudential and regulatory framework for Islamic banking sector in the country. His experience in the central bank also includes on-site inspection, foreign exchange supervision, and treasury.
Zahid is a Chartered Islamic Finance Professional (CIFP) from INCEIF, Malaysia (2009). He holds Masters in Business Administration (2005), Computer Science (1998) as well as Statistics (1995). He also holds PGD in Islamic banking and insurance from IIBI, London, UK (2001).
He is a member of the Basel Consultative Group.
Dr. Obaid Al Zaabi
- Acting Chief Executive Officer of the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA), 2015.
Dr. Obaid Saif Hamad Al Zaabi has over 25 years of work experience in financial legislation, accounting, banking, finance and investment, and shari’ah-compliant finance from many leading financial institutions in the United Arab Emirates, such as the U.A.E. Central Bank, Dubai Islamic Bank, Amlak Finance, and the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA).
- PhD in Finance and Banking from the UK-based Durham University, 2006.
- MBA with distinction, 2000.
- BSc in Business Administration and Accounting, 1989.
Memberships and Professional Qualifications
- Full member of the Australia-based Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA).
- Member of the U.S.-based Institute of Financial Consultants (IFC).
- Member of the U.A.E.-based Accountant and Auditors Association (AAA).
- Board member at the G.C.C. Accounting and Auditing Organization (GCCAAO).
- Member of the U.S.-based International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
- Member of the College of Business and Economics at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU).
- Member of the Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) in Malaysia.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) from the United Kingdom.
- Certified Cost Accountant (CCA) from the U.S.-based American Academy of Financial Management (AAFM).
- Certified Islamic Professional Accountant (CIPA) from the Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutes (AAOIFI) in Bahrain.
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer for Issuance and Legal Affairs at the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA), 2014-2015.
- Advisor of Research and Studies, Awareness Program Section Head, and SCA’s Dubai Office Manager, 2008-2013.
- Senior Manager for International Business at Amlak Finance, 2007.
- Head of Follow Up and Supervision at the Dubai Islamic Bank, 2005-2007.
- Branch Manager at the Dubai Islamic Bank, 1998-2005.
- Branch Manager at Emirates Transport.
- Senior Financial Officer at the U.A.E. Ministry of Defence, 1990-1997.
- Internal Auditor at the U.A.E. Central Bank, 1990-1998.
- “Sheikh Rashid Award for Academic Excellence”, 2006.
- “Best Branch Manager” Award in Dubai Islamic Bank, 1998.
- “Outstanding Impact Award in International Relations”, part of Al Forsan Employment Incentive Program, 2014.
- “Middle East Financial Markets Excellence Award”, The Middle East Excellence Awards Institute, 2016.
- “Distinguished Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) in the Financial Sector” Award Offered by the British Magazine “Finance Monthly”, 2016.
Prof. Dr. Mohamad Azmi Omar
Professor Azmi serves as the Director General of Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), Islamic Development Bank Group. Since he joined IRTI in early 2012, he has pioneered and introduced many leading Islamic Finance publications such as Islamic Social Finance Report, Global Report on Islamic Finance and Islamic Finance Country Report. Some of these reports are done in collaboration with global institutions such as the World Bank, Thomson-Reuters and IFSB. He is also a member of the External Advisory Group for the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Interdepartmental Working Committee on Islamic Finance and Board of Trustees of RFI Foundation.
He was the Shari’ah adviser to Bank Kerjasama Rakyat Malaysia Berhad (an Islamic bank in Malaysia) and Amanah Ikhtiar Malaysia (an Islamic microfinance institution in Malaysia). Prior to joining IRTI, he was the Deputy Rector (Deputy Vice Chancellor) in charge of academic and research at the International Islamic University Malaysia. During his tenure, a number of milestones were achieved, among these the establishment of the Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance as a center of excellence at the university.
Regarding his interests in Islamic Economy, he is an active researcher and speaker on Islamic Economics and Finance, co-authored a textbook on Fundamentals of Islamic Money and Capital Markets, and published numerous articles on the said subject. He is also the co-recipient of the Research Excellence Award Winner at the Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, 2014. Dr Azmi was awarded “The Most Outstanding Individual Contribution to Islamic Finance” in the KLIFF Islamic Finance Awards 2015. He may be contacted at email@example.com
Dr. Mohamed Damak
Mohamed Damak is a Senior Director within the Financial Services at S&P Global Ratings. He covers financial institutions in the Middle East and Africa region. Mohamed is also the Global Head of Islamic Finance within S&P Global Ratings, leading a global team of Islamic Finance analysts.
Before re-joining S&P Global Ratings, Mohamed worked as a Principal Credit Risk Officer for the African Development Bank in Tunis. From 2006 to 2010, Mohamed worked for S&P Global Ratings covering conventional and Islamic financial institutions in the Middle East and North Africa region.
Mohamed holds a PhD in Finance and Master in “Money, Banking and Finance” from University of Paris 2, Pantheon Assas and a Master degree in Financial Institutions Management from Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Tunis.